Tuesday, May 27, 2014

My Memorial Day Weekend..

"In every walk with nature...one receives far more than he seeks"
-John Muir
This weekend was one of the most fulfilling times in my life.
Normally I don't do much over memorial day weekend because my family makes plans at last minute.
This memorial day, I had a lot going on..as amazing as the weekend was--it was extremely tiring.
I'm still trying to catch up on sleep.
With spontaneity in my blood, my friend and I decided to go hiking at the last minute.
We woke up bright and early to get busy bonding with nature.
We spent out whole day away from technology, away from stress, away from our jobs, and just spent our time enjoying life.
We went hiking, horseback riding, and canoeing.
Let me just say...even though we both are nature freaks to start with...for some reason, this time that we spent was just different.
It brought us so much joy just to be in the presence of God and see such pure beauty around us.
I love being outside in the sun and by the water.
It reminds me of what it truly means to be human and how lucky I am to be a part of such a beautiful place.
-My friend and I decided to head home, clean up, and head to our favorite place to dance :)
We go line dancing all of the time and we enjoy every minute of it.
 We both were raised on country music and that's what we live for; it's a part of our lives.
-The next day I had church and the memorial day festival in my home town.
My family and I got our favorite lemonade shake-ups and watched the town talent show.
We had a family cookout and played some very competitive games of volleyball.
We ended the night at the baseball park together to watch the town fireworks.
I must say...they were the best they have ever been.
-I spent my Monday relaxing with my family, doing laundry, and watching One Tree Hill.
I am still trying to regain my strength from all the activities we did this weekend..haha 
It was such an amazing time!
It has definitely reminded me of the love that I have for my family, friends, community, and the environment around me.
It's the simple things in life that mean the most to me..and that's what this weekend was; simple & perfect.

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees" 
<3 Shay







No comments:

Post a Comment