Thursday, July 3, 2014

DIY American Flag Tshirt..

Being that the 4th of July is probably my second favorite holiday of the year, I had to make and post this DIY project..
I have been wanting to make this shirt for such a long time and never got to it...until now!
It actually turned out really well and done in perfect time for the 4th!
Here is how I did it..Enjoy!

*
Materials Needed:
-White v-neck
-Masking tape
(I think mine was the 1 inch wide one)
-Stars
(I got a pack of sticky ones from Walmart for $1.97)
-Blue spray paint
-Red spray paint
-Cardboard to avoid staining and to keep the shirt flat
*
How To:
1. Flatten the shirt onto the cardboard and start taping where the stripes belong.
I just eyeballed it, but a ruler would probably work too.
*
2. Next I just added my stars.
(I used sticky stars because I did it outside and it was windy)
Displaying photo 5.JPG
*
3. Cover what will be the blue section with an extra piece of cardboard and paint on the stripes.
I did a little at a time until I got the color that I wanted.
Displaying photo 4.JPG
*
4. Wait a few minutes for the red to dry then section the blue part off.
Once again I did just a little color at a time until I got the color I wanted.
*
5. I would suggest waiting about an hour.
The paint needs to dry really well before you take the tape off
*
6. Lastly remove the tape and the sticky stars
*
Because spray paint has such a distinct smell, I am going to gently wash the shirt in my sink before I decide to wear it.

Let me know if you like it and how yours turns out if you try it :)
<3 Shay

No comments:

Post a Comment