Thursday, April 3, 2014

How do you find your true calling?

Figuring out what you want to do with your life can be one of the hardest decisons a person can make..
For me, i'm still deciding..
Overrall i know that i want to help others..right now i am working directly with women and children who have been involved in any type of domestic violence or homeless situation. I travel to the local schools to talk to the students about respect, decision making, bullying, conflict resolution, etc.
I absolutely love my job that i have right now..not only am i teaching, i am also working one on one with children and counseling them
I love working with children and helping them to make sense of this crazy life they are living in..
Aside from my job that i love, I have had a desire to travel since i was a young child..
Not just travel, but travel to help others get closer to God
I want to see the world..every bit of it
Traveling is my passion; i have such a longing to see the world and meet all of the amazing people in it
I love culture..and actually learning the details of the cultures in this world


So..how do you find what is you are meant to do with your life?
1. Know yourself well: understand the package that you are, the weakness, strengths, likes, dislikes, talents, faults.
2. Get some good advice: what's out there?
3. Experiment, experiment, experiment: keep on trying different things until you find what really feels right for you.
4. Develop a thicker skin so you can turn rejection into experience.
5. Find a mentor or role model.
6. Do what you love to do. If you can't, make what you're doing a strategy to get you doing what you want to do.
7. Have a realistic game plan and stick to it, no matter who or what says you can't.
8. Prioritize
9. Be yourself
by: -Anthea Paul-

Find your passion and let it be your calling..
<3 Shay




No comments:

Post a Comment