Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Pre-mature Summer post..

First I would like to acknowledge how happy I am that Spring is finally here! As beautiful as the glistening snow was, I've never been happier to see a brown ground before. Spring to me, only exists for a short time. I am extremely pre-mature when it comes to Summer, so i automatically just skip spring and head for my favorite season..And it will be here before we know it!
 Not only does Summer bring fresh smells, sun shine, warm air, tan skin, bon fires, flippers, and less clothing...it also brings up old memories. Summers have and will always be known for...yes I am going to say it; love. 
Oh summer love..it just might possibly be one of the best kinds of loves to experience. The first time i get a whiff of that fresh spring air, all kinds of emotions start rushing in. Spring and summer bring me some of the happiest and best times of my life. Memories though, they come creeping back real quick.
The What If's are always hard to let go. Even without going into detail, I know you all know exactly what I mean. As much as everyone tries to move forward and "let go" of the past...we all have those days where the past comes creeping back in. You know those days when you just don't feel yourself, your mind is cloudy, and you just can't escape that love-sick radio. Those days are the worst..it's not even like you want to feel that way, it just happens..
Of course, being the girl that I am...I watched "The Notebook" the other day. Well I barely "watched" it. Shoot I couldn't even get through the happy part without crying (WAH!) Anyway...I did happen to catch this...
"Summer romances begin for all kind of reasons. 
But when all is said and done, they all have one thing in common..
they are shooting stars, a spectacular moment of light in the heavens; 
a fleeting glimpse of eternity..and in a flash, they are gone" 

I couldn't have said it better myself..even though summer romances are exhilerating and spectacular, they also don't last forever. With that being said..to me and all of you readers, this summer--challenge yourself. Do this summer better than any summer you have done before; it's just around the corner.
Take a hike, walk more, travel, meet new friends, find new love, roll your windows down and just cruise...

No comments:

Post a Comment