Sunday, June 8, 2014

Day 2..

1546455_10151937091558460_1948203278_n.jpg 600×718 pixels
Day 2: Happiness:What is your own secret for happiness? How did you get there? If you had to sum everything up, what would be your one word to describe how to be truly happy?
*
I am not completely sure if I have my own secret for happiness.
Over the years I have developed ways to bring happiness to myself.
I have observed so many others, read many words, and sought out a lot of advice for the sake of my own happiness.
I have definitely learned that happiness doesn't always come so easy.
I'm not saying it's always hard, because there are many little things that contribute to obtaining pure happiness, but sometimes being stuck in an unhappy rut can be hard to get out of.
Not many people may know, but like many others I too have suffered from harsh unhappiness in a very dark part of my life..
Happiness is a habit, and at that time the only habit I had was to think negatively.
I let anxiety, sadness, and pain steal my happiness..
*
I generally have always been seen as a happy person, but that was not always the case. 
I have definitely came a long way from the darkest part of my life, but if I was to say that I was 100% happy and satisfied in my life...well I would most certainly not be telling the truth.
I am happy, but there is still a lot of work to do.
And I'm okay with that..It's part of life and part of being human.
True happiness only occurs in moments..It's not just something you find and then get to keep in little safe box forever.
You have to strive for it and seek it daily.
*
Don't let negative things or people enter your mind or your life and take over..it's not worth it (trust me)
I think the simple things in life bring the most happiness..
I would say the most simple thing you can do...alone or with thousands of other people...is Laugh.
Laughter brings joy to your spirit and can lift you up out of your toughest times.
I love laughing..it makes me feel so alive and in the moment.
Laugh when no one is around.
Laugh when you are sad.
Laugh when you are happy.
Laugh at YOURSELF! (this is my fav, haha)
Laugh at other people..well with them would be nicer :)
Laughter is the best medicine..and guess what??? It's free..and so are you.
So laugh whenever YOU feel like it..

<3 Shay

No comments:

Post a Comment