Monday, June 9, 2014

Day 3..

Day 3: History: What stories do you know about your ancestors? What traits do you admire in them? What do you want future generations to remember about you? What do you want to be known for?
*
To be honest, I really don't know much about my ancestors.
I would absolutely love to know more, I just haven't had that opportunity..
I do know that I am mostly Irish and Native American.
My personality probably shows more Native American than Irish, but who knows.
I haven't done a lot of research so I can't really say where all my traits are from..
I'm a very go with the flow kinda gal..
I can be stubborn..just depends on the situation..
I'm kind of OCD when it comes to my stuff, where it goes, and how I clean
I like having a routine and I don't like things to be out of place..it gives me stability
I love socializing; spending time among family, friends, and meeting new people..
I love anything and everything in nature..
I love all animals..
Beer: love the smell, hate the taste. (I guess I'm not good at being Irish haha)
I am very in touch with the spiritual side of life..
I totally believe in Meditation and I think it is essential in everyday life..
I'm not saying every day you have to kumbaya next to a fire, but just to meditate in your own different ways.
Sometimes being silent and just listening to the earth, the water, or just looking at the stars can bring so much more peace to your soul..It can calm your mind and help you choose the right path..
*
Biggest advice for future generations to remember..
Be yourself..don't let anyone ever take that away from you.
I spent a lot of time in my life being who others wanted or expected me to be.
I spent so much time comparing myself to others and not being who I am...that's a big waste of time.
It's so important to voice your opinion and be true to who you are.
Everyone deserves to live a life of harmony and inner peace..
Do what makes YOU happy, not others.
Always put God first..
No matter who comes in or out of your life, no matter how hard life gets, and no matter how far you may feel from God...seek him.
He's never too far away..he's just waiting for you to seek him.
Always try to love others.
Everyone is fighting a battle that we may not know about.
Consider that when you want to hurt another person; physically, emotionally, or verbally.
*
Life is hard, but don't let that stop you from living it and following your heart.
Sometimes the right path to choose isn't always the easiest..

"Listen with your heart..you will understand"
                                                    -Grandmother Willow

<3 Shay
Pocahontas quote tattoo on my side #ribtattoo


No comments:

Post a Comment