Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Day 4..

Day 4: Possessions: What is your most prized possession? Why do you value it? How did you come across it?
*
I don't really have just one thing that I prize the most..
I have a couple of things that mean a lot to me and I hope never to lose: my dad's handkerchief and a ring given to me by my parents.
My dad, as some may already know..passed away in 2006.
It was a very hard time for my family and I.
I'm not one to keep a lot of possessions for keepsake, but this I have had since the day he passed.
I don't ever plan to get rid of it..
Every time I see it, it reminds me of the great man that I lost..
It makes me miss him, but yet reminds me of my love for him and his for me.
*
The ring I got from my parents one year for Christmas..
It is called a daughter's ring. 
I think I got it in 2004 maybe? I'm pretty sure I was 12 or 13 years old.
It has my birthstone in the middle with my parents birthstones on each side.
It's a beautiful ring..
I love it and always keep it put away.
I value my ring because I know the meaning behind it.
My parents always have done so much for me and tried to provide for me in the best way possible.
I couldn't ask for better parents..
*
Other items that I value very much, are photos of my family and friends..
I love to flip through picture books and remind myself of all the amazing memories we've had.
Word of advice: Always take lots of pictures!
Pictures give you the ability to captivate a memory in the stillness of a moment..
You can only regret the ones that you didn't take..
<3 Shay
Missing someone is your heart's way of reminding you that you love them. Instead of being sad choose to think about the good memories and all the joy you shared.

No comments:

Post a Comment