Thursday, June 19, 2014

Day 6..

Day 6: Music: Pick three of your favorite songs. Write a paragraph about the feelings they bring to you. Do you feel contentment, peace, encouragement, or determination?
*
1. Push: Matchbox 20
The lyrics in this song bring back a lot of emotions when I hear it. It reminds me of different ways I have felt before. Not just with a guy, but with people in general.
Never feeling good enough, but being pushed around to be so..
*
2. Broken: Lifehouse
This is such a powerful song in itself, without me putting a meaning behind it.
I have had a time in my life where I felt completely broken and totally un-fixable.
I felt hopeless and almost to the point where I wanted to give up.
I relate the part of the song where desperation speaks through, to my relationship with God.
As low as I was, I still knew in my heart that I needed to reach out to God for help.
Even though I was experiencing pain, it seemed to be a part of the healing process.
Even though I may doubt many things in my life and myself a lot, it's part of the process.
I'm damaged and just trying to mend the broken pieces.
This song reminds me of the darkest times of my life, but reminds me that no matter how dark my life was, God was still there for me.
Even though I still feel a little broken, I just have to remember that sometimes it takes awhile to find all the little pieces.
In all the times that I feel alone and lost my way..I know that I will never forget my way back.
I just have bigger mountains to climb..
*
3The Road and the Radio: Kenny Chesney
I'm constantly searching for something that i'm missing..
I'm constantly trying to figure out who I am..
"Clarity and inspiration, happiness is a destination that's hard to find,..it may take some time..but in my mind there is something more"
The chorus of the song speaks my life more than any other song I have ever heard..
I believe one hundred percent that happiness is a destination..It doesn't just come easy.
Life is hard and it throws a lot of curve balls, it's not always easy to stay happy.
Personally I have been looking for true happiness for a long time..
I'm still not quite there, but i'm working on it.
I know in my mind that out there, one day..I will achieve my goals, follow my dreams, and reach true happiness..
"I'll get there leaning on some friends I know..the road and the radio"
In my life I have experienced a lot of loneliness.
I have had to rely on myself for many things in my life..
A lot of my problems, feelings, emotions, etc, have had to be pushed aside because I felt like I was left alone..
I have relied on the "road and the radio" to get me through a lot of things.
When people ask me why music is so important to me...it's because it became my friend when no one else was there.
 It spoke for me when I had no words.
 It guided me and helped me make some of the biggest decisions I have ever made.
When I need a friend, someone to talk with, or just someone to listen..I want to get into a car and drive.
Some of the best times I have spent with friends have been just driving. talking, and listening to music..
"Happiness is a destination"
That's the destination I am on, but sometimes it's just hard to find.
<3 Shay

perfectly imperfect

No comments:

Post a Comment